Alen Chandy Alexander

My photo
Studying Bachelor of Business Administration. Big Aspirant for Arts, Fun and Travel. Spoilt. Thoughtful. Son. Brother. Friend. Amateur Writer, Poet & Speaker. Foodie. you can ask me questions at www.formspring.me/

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 7, 2012

SpeakOut#10 - Covering up for Memories that should have belonged to Childhood (2/2)

So this is what Aaron found the other day. Owlets from our relative's place!
The Super Cool Owl Pose
I was happy that he had thought of getting the pictures. What a great sight, they are.
Their mother was confident with her kids being with them, since she was keeping watch from a tree.
Much better, one of them even nipped at Aaron's finger when he tried to play. Reason why Owl Mum was fine!

Another incident that was good recently was how I learned to roast cashew nuts after plucking cashew fruits from the tree and biting them carefully, sipping the juice from it while trying to light a furnace in an old flower pot haha. My friends Riyas and Arun were those who introduced me to this very prevalent pastime amongst kids and elders alike in India who have come across a cashew tree. Shame, I noticed it in my backyard only when they came here hehe.

Riyas getting the cashews down!

Arun with his prized Cashew Fruit

One for y'all to see
(More pictures coming soon!)

They say the whole neighborhood gets to know if you're roasting cashew nuts... as if the aroma gets faster than sound! The aroma was fresh and different too! Especially when the nuts hiss in the fire when the oil within leaves and calls you to inform that it is about to be ready :D Yummy!

Pictures like this can settle my point well, how one's Childhood can be great at the countryside here. It would be great if you can get your company from the surroundings and even better if you've got people along.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion?